Wavy, bouncy and shining hair is a precious possession for any look-conscious girl. Unfortunately, not every girl is blessed with beautiful, lustrous and pretty looking hair, but many wish they had it. Taking care of the hair regularly and keeping it healthy are some of the essential ways of keeping the hair pretty.
Pretty hair does not mean having a modern hairdo or following the hairstyle of some popular movie stars, music artists or sports celebrities. It means taking proper care of your hair by good hygiene and nourishment. One can have an attractive hairdo simply by taking care of it.
Hair reflects your health:
Often, we blame pollution and chemically-prepared shampoos for hair loss. But, there are stronger reasons such as `poor health` that lead to thinning of hair. Hair fall, damaged hair and premature graying are sometimes triggered by poor mental and physical condition. Hence, taking care of your health is another way of getting healthy hair.
Sometimes, stress becomes the cause of losing the beautiful locks that we always nurture. So, expert physicians suggest keeping a happy and contented mind because it is essential for our overall health. In a nutshell, maintaining good health is the key to keeping the hair pretty. Apart from health, there are certain other factors that need to be taken care of to retain healthy locks.
Cleaning the hair:
You can keep your hair healthy by keeping it clean. Regular washing and combing become the most important part of keeping the hair healthy. Generally, our everyday life requires our hair to get exposed to dust and dirt. So, you need to wash your hair at least twice a week with a mild shampoo. If your hair is prone to getting dandruff, you should comb your hair and rub the scalp with your finger tips before washing it. Often, we give less important to rinsing part after using the soap or shampoo. But, it is crucial to wash off the soap and shampoo properly for keeping the hair pretty. Make sure, the shampoo that you use should match your hair type.
After washing the hair:
Applying conditioner on the wet hair is essential as it manages the hair after drying. While purchasing the conditioner ensure that it is meant for the type of hair you have. Sometimes, the conditioners come with the shampoo you buy, especially if you are purchasing hair-care kit. Do not twist the hair just after washing it. Rather use a towel to soak the water from the surface of the hair. Combing wet hair may esult in break and split ends. Let your hair dry naturally without applying artificial heat. After your hair is completely dried, comb it with a brush that has round headed bristles.
Other tips for keeping the hair pretty:
* Unleash your hair before going to bed at night. Sometimes, it may be dangerous to sleep with pins in hair. But, keeping the hair loose at night relaxes it.
* If your hair is too dry apply hair oil 4-5 hours before washing it. While applying oil massage the root of hair with your finger tips. It is a great way of keeping the hair pretty.
* Try to avoid chemically prepared color for your hair. Often, the colors damage the root of the hair.
* Sometimes, curling and straightening of hair affects its luster. There are several ways of styling curly and straight hair. You can pick the best one according to your hair type instead of changing the type of hair.
* Keep your hairbrush and the comb clean. Take your comb with you anywhere you goFree Reprint Articles, even if while visiting your hairstylist.
Article Tags: Looking Hair, Taking Care, Hair Pretty